The April 15 tax deadline is one week from today. Those who wait until the last minute to file may be rushing to find the tax information they need. Tax preparers, businesses, news media and web masters may also be looking for creative ways to help their clients find IRS tax information and tools.
IRS social media tools to help you navigate the tax deadline:
- IRS2Go – IRS’s free mobile app gives you your refund status, tax news updates, IRS You Tube videos and also lets you request your tax records.
- YouTube – Video tax tips on a variety of topics are offered on YouTube in English, Spanish, and American Sign Language.
- Twitter – Tweets from @IRSnews provide tax-related announcements and daily tax tips. Tweets from @IRStaxpros offer news and guidance for tax professionals. Tweets from @IRSenEspanol have news and information in Spanish, and @RecruitmentIRS provides updates for job seekers.
- Podcasts – IRS has short audio recordings that offer one tax-related topic per podcast. They are available on iTunes or through the Multimedia Center. Transcripts of the Podcasts are also available.
- Tumblr – IRS Tumblr is a microblogging platform where users can access IRS tax tips, videos, and podcasts. The IRS uses Tumblr to share information about important programs. Tumblr can be accessed from your browser, smartphone, tablet or desktop.
To discover how we can help you, please give us a call at 401-254-0151. We look forward to hearing form you.